Wednesday, January 29, 2020

iPhone Insurance Is Fantastic For Forgetful Girls Like Me

They say when you are looking for something, you should go back to the last place that you saw it. In all honesty, when the last place that you saw the object in question was a crowded night club, it might be time to say forget about it and invoke your iphone insurance! As far as I’m concerned, iphone insurance goes the distance and saves the day, especially when I was in a city that I didn’t know very well and had lost my ability to easily contact anyone who could help. Last spring, I was doing some work in Chicago, and a few days before I was due to leave, I was convinced into going out dancing with some of my co-workers. Everyone had a great time and it wasn’t until I was back in my hotel room that I decided to call my best friend back in Milwaukee and let her know what a great time I had had.


Unfortunately, I never got to call her that night at all, as I reached into my purse and realized that while I might have had everything else in there, the iphone definitely was not present and accounted for. I emptied my purse on the bed and rooted through scraps of paper, my wallet, tissues and more, but still no iphone. By now, my heart was starting to pound and futilely, I tore my hotel room apart looking for it. While I knew that I had iphone insurance (and I was very happy that I did!) I couldn’t shake the feeling that I could easily find my phone if I just knew where to look. After my room proved fruitless, I wandered down the hall, back through the same elevator that I had come up and nosed around the lobby for a while. After getting some thoroughly odd looks (by then, I was already in my pyjamas) I asked the clerk if I could use his phone to call the club that I was at.

The man who answered the phone was very helpful, but no one had turned my iphone in. If it wasn’t in the lost and found, he continued, it was probably gone and I would probably be best off calling the train company to see if anyone on the train had picked up my precious iphone. His tone of voice didn’t make it sound too likely but I thanked him and let him go. I wandered back up to my room and after another indiscriminate search; I lay down to get some sleep. I called the train company in the morning and after they told me much the same thing, I sighed and called my iphone insurance provider.

Insurance is a great thing and it’s even better when it works. My situation fell squarely into the area covered by loss and within forty eight hours, before I even had to leave the city, my claim was taken care of. I’m not nearly as careful with my things as I should be, and things like iphone insurance take a lot of worries off my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment